Monday, July 18, 2016

More Views from the Honey Super

Hey guys!

I ventured over to Tim's to check on my girls. Can I just say again how much I love the observation window on this honey super? It's the coolest feature! Check out their activity today!



Lots more girls in the side window! Woohoo!

However, most times, there are usually more bees in the center of the hive as they tend to work their way out from the middle.

With that in mind, I took off the back viewing window (where we will do the harvesting of the honey) and checked to see if there were bees in the middle. Last week when I checked there weren't very many at all.

This was my view from today...



A much improved viewing! There are so many more bees in there sealing the gaps and working hard on filling the cells. To say I was excited would be an understatement for sure.

I have run out of honey from our first extraction already! Seventy pounds GONE in less than two weeks. I'll be sure to let you all know when we have more to sell. It's amazing to have such fresh honey!

Until next time, bee kind! 🐝

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete